Utpalasia offers a variety of online workshops for classical Indian Kathak, Bollywood Fusion, and Nepali folk dance.
These intensive workshops are geared for mid to advanced level dancers and are offered several times a year. Previous experience in a selected style is highly recommended.
Utpalasia workshops include a warm up and flexibility introduction, followed by original choreography of an item or dance. There is a refresh and revise portion before the final practice to ensure proper form. A full session runs for two hours.
Spring 2021 Advanced Workshops
- January 31 – “Naach Meri Rani”
- February 28 – Medley of “Garmi” & “Mueve La Cintura”
- March 28 – To be announced
- April 25 – To be announced
- January 29 – Classical composition to “The Konnokol Express”
- February 26 – Dance item (Matta taal with paran, ginti, & tihai)
- March 26 – To be announced
- April 23 – Kathak fusion “Buzz” remix